Saturday, July 31, 2004

Anchorman

Saw Anchorman last night with my wife. It was just "okay" to me. I expected it to be silly, funny, and a bit crude (I'm realistic when seeing a Will Ferrell movie!). But it wasn't as funny or silly as I thought.

Christina Applegate did a great job. I didn't even recognize her at first.

I was impressed with Paul Rudd too. I didn't realize he was "Mike" on Friends until my wife pointed that out to me. Nice to see him doing other roles...he was pretty good.

Even Fred Willard was his usual funny self.

But the guy who stole the show was Steve Carell. Man that guy is so funny! Seeing him in the movie made up for everything. He's one of the funnier supporting comedians I've seen in a long time. Too bad the sitcom Come To Papa was cancelled...we won't be seeing him every week on TV like I hoped (and the show wasn't too bad).

Steve Carell rocks!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]