Monday, July 26, 2004

Spellchecker

I'm not the best speller in the world. I'm pretty decent at typing, but sometimes my fingers get dyslexic on me. There is one word I can never type correctly and it's "because". Why? I have no idea. I know how to spell it, but my spellchecker gets it every time.

Also everyone I know named Chris gets typed as "Christ".

But the worst is when I misspell a word so badly that the spellchecker can't even figure out what the heck I'm trying to spell. Two examples of words I butcher: "maintenance" and "definitely". With maintenance, I usually butcher it so bad that I have to try misspelling it over and over because the spellchecker can't figure it out. How depressing. The trouble with "definitely" is I usually misspell it and it usually thinks I mean "defiantly". Boy that can get me in trouble. “Are you defiantly going to do that?”

Thankfully the spellchecker got this blog right. But I confess, I had to practice in Word and it took me three shots to get "maintenance" misspelled close enough for it to figure it out.






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]