Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Human Company

I've been meaning to write about this for a while. I have a chance now so I will. From time to time when I run across a company that acts human (that is, they actually take the customer or potential customer seriously and treat us with respect). When I find them doing something out of the ordinary or something special, I want them to know about it.

In Orlando there are several local car dealerships that have frequently updated commercials. They film them weekly or even daily. They use all sorts of silly things like a guy walking and talking fast holding a sign with the phone number of the dealership on it. One uses some dog sitting on the hood of a car. Most just use attractive, high-pitch voiced women to tell us their deals. One is a stiff backed guy who "gun-slings" his pointed fingers at the camera over and over. They all crack me up.

After the hurricanes, most of the companies had "hurricane blow out sales" or something to that effect. In other words, "we've not selling anything right now because everyone is buying roofs, so we've put these cars on sale!" That bugs me. That's not looking out for consumers, that's looking out for themselves.

But one company didn't take that route. It was the stiff backed gun-slinging pointer who won my respect. He came on camera (as he always does) and looked us in the eyes (so to speak) and told us he knew this was a tough time for us all. Many people had flooding or damage to their cars. He told us they were ready to help with state-of-the-art repair service. They wanted to help. If, by chance, our cars were damaged too much, they would give us top dollar on a reasonable trade-in.

He met us where we were. Most Central Floridians didn't want a new car. Many needed help cleaning up their cars. Some needed a new one. He met us as humans.

If I need to buy a car, I'll certainly check out David Maus Toyota because of the human-ness of him and his company.

Well done, sir.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]