Wednesday, September 22, 2004
Why Hurricane Season is like Christmas
A friend emailed me this today. He got it from the Bud Hedinger show on WFLA 540AM:
Why Hurricane Season is like Christmas:
10. Decorating the house: in this case boarding up windows.
9. Dragging out boxes that have not been used since last season: camping gear and flashlights.
8. Last minute shopping in crowded stores.
7. Regular TV shows preempted for "specials".
6. Family coming to stay with you.
5. Family and friends from out of state calling.
4. Buying food you do not normally buy and in large quantities.
3. Days off from work.
And the number 1 reason why hurricane season is like Christmas is that..
1. At some point, you know you're going to have a tree in your house!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]