Sunday, October 24, 2004

10 Years Ago Already?

Has it really been 10 years? I guess Monday will be the 10 year anniversary (if you can really call it that). Do these names sound familiar to you: Alex, Michael, John D. Long, Tommy Pope, and David? They are all names tied to another name -- Susan.

It was 10 years ago when back in Union, SC, Susan Smith drowned her boys.

I was living in SC at the time. I grew up just an hour or so from Union. I remember looking for the car as I drove around. I remember being amazed and pleased that the entire country was joining me. Then I remember being duped. I remember looking at her face realizing she lied, realizing she killed. I remember feeling sorry for her, and feeling mad at her.

Has it really been 10 years?

The article I linked is good. I like Pope's (not the Pope) attitude in this article. Thankfully, with all the memories I have of this, I feel like he does.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]