Friday, December 03, 2004

Coffee

It's funny. Sometimes many people are talking about a subject I was just thinking of posting about. Okay, this time it was just two people, but anyway...

My wife talked about Starbucks vs Other Cafes and I have to say that I agree with her. Starbucks has done a great thing for coffee drinkers. They branded coffee as an experience, not just a drink. I just wish their drink tasted better. But it's about status, not the flavor. For instance, Kelly Rippa drinks a Starbucks every morning (see how it's just called "a Starbucks" and not "a cup of coffee"?).

So, I drink my coffee black...just the way God intended. What? Don't believe me? Check this out:

Isaiah 5:20 (NASB)
Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

In case you missed it, he's saying that it's evil to make dark things light (like by adding milk to coffee) or making something bitter sweet (like adding sweet sugar to bitter coffee). It's just supposed to be black.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]