Saturday, December 11, 2004

Done in Canada

Yesterday was the last day of work for us here in Vancouver. I'll write more about it later. But I did want to say this...

Wow. What a great time. Yesterday at work was good as I was able to close out all the stuff I've been working on during this trip. I was one of the last to leave the office yesterday. It is always dark in the office and one of the only lights on was at my desk. I packed up everything and cleared my desk. Then I reached out and turned off the lamp. It was like the end of a poignant series finale of a sitcom when you know it is the end of something good.

Before I walked away, I just looked at the dark, clean desk and just paused. "Thank you, God." I then walked outside in the dark, cold pouring rain. Exhausted. But God did a good thing here. I'm so thankful to be a part of what He's doing.

So tomorrow we leave for a few days of vacation, then back here for a few days to pack up, then down to Seattle for a day or two before we fly home on the 22nd. Then the Christmas holidays! So the blogging may be off an on for the rest of the month, but I'll blog as I can.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]