Saturday, December 18, 2004

Favorite Christmas Song

What's your favorite Christmas song?

I've been thinking about it and I'm not sure what mine is. There's songs I love to sing in church like "O Holy Night" and "Joy to the World" (the church version, not about some bullfrog owned by Jeremiah!). But would they be my favorite? I don't sing them spontaneously this time of year.

Maybe it's "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" or "Sleigh Ride" because I usually break out into a verse or two of those without prompting.

Of course, one of my top ones is "Christmas in Hollis" by Run DMC. It's got, what I think (and some others do too) the best line in all Christmas songs:
It's Christmas time in Hollis Queens
Mom's cooking chicken and collard greens
Rice and stuffing, macaroni and cheese
And Santa put gifts under Christmas trees
Another fun one is "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas". Every time they say "say hello to the friends you know", I like to use the Seinfeld "Hellllloooooo" the way they said it when talking about the way a belly button would speak.

Honorable mention has to go to "Mele Kalikimaka", thanks to Chevy Chase and "Baby It's Cold Outside", even if technically it's not a Christmas song (though that's the only time I ever hear it).

So what's your favorite? Leave a comment?

Someone on TheTigerNet board asked a question yesterday that I thought I'd bring over here for discussion.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]