Friday, January 28, 2005

American Idol Lottery

Is American Idol kind of like a lottery?

I was pondering that this morning as I was driving to work. My radio is busted. I had to think about something!

The chances of winning AI are similar to winning a lottery. The lottery is a "get rich quick" sort of thing. AI is a "get famous quick" sort of thing also. It could be argued that only about 3-5 AI alum to date are really benefiting from the experience...similar to a lottery.

I wonder how many people aren't working hard to make it in the music industry because they see the glitz of AI...so they wait and take that route instead? I'm not saying to win AI isn't hard...I'm sure it's quite difficult!

I'm probably getting myself in trouble here, but just wanted to ask the question.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]