Thursday, January 27, 2005

The Dukes of...Huh?

Yesterday the car outside car handles finally broke for good so my wife blogged about it. Since we can't open the doors from the outside, we have to keep a window down or open the back door and reach way up to open the doors. So, I made a comment on her blog:
I think we should just do the Dukes of Hazzard thing for a while instead. It'll be cheaper.
To which my wife replied:
We could but I'm not wearing Daisy Dukes.
So, today we got the following email:
What's the Dukes of Hazzard thing?!?
To which I replied:
You mean my comment, or hers?

Mine is about how there were no windows in the General Lee and the doors were welded shut. They always jumped in the car with the windows down.

Patricia doesn't want to wear short shorts like Daisy Duke.
To which we received another reply:
Hold up. General Lee is the name of a CAR???? Was there a roof on the car? Did they dive in through the windows?

I always thought Daisy Dukes were just the name of short shorts. I didn't know it was based on something!
Sigh. I had no idea I was about to give out an entire synopsis of one of the coolest TV shows of my childhood:
Bo and Luke Duke were just good ol' boys, never meanin' no harm. Beats all you've ever saw, been in trouble with the law since the day they was
born.

Their cousin was Daisy Duke. She wore VERY short shorts. They were called Daisy Dukes.

They lived in Hazzard County, Georgia with their Uncle Jesse.

Boss Hogg was the sheriff (what was Boss Hogg, anyway?) and his sheriff was Rosco P. Coltraine. He had a hound dog named Flash.

The car that Bo and Luke drove was called the General Lee. It was orange and had a rebel flag painted on the top. The doors were welded shut and there were no windows. You see, it never rains (apparently) in Hazzard County.

Daisy drove a cool white Jeep with an eagle on the hood. It never had the top up and I don't think it had a name.

Don't worry. They're making a movie about it this year.

Oh, and this may show up in a blog near you...
More on the Dukes of Hazzard.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]