Thursday, January 06, 2005

I'm No Dolt

Today I feel like a real guy. A man's man. A real hero. All because I escaped my impending feeling like a dolt.

About a week before we left for Canada, the horn on the car my wife drives stopped working. I had no idea why or how to fix it. But since we were leaving and there was another hurricane on the way, we decided our priorities didn't need to be on fixing the car horn.

Today I was scheduled to take the car in to have it diagnosed. It was going to cost $45 just to look at it, but that would be applied to any fixes it needed.

For some reason, this morning after I woke up, I was lying in bed and thought, "What if it's just the fuse? If it is, I'll really feel like a ninny." So I got up and went out into the garage to find the fuse box. Of course, being the car man that I am, I had to look it up in the book to find the fuse box. After studying the myriad of illustrations, I figured it out. It's under the hood.

Up the hood goes, I wrestle with opening the fuse box and consult the book to find which fuse is which (it tells me it's on the undercover of the fuse box...d'oh!). I pluck out the offending fuse and there it is! A busted fuse!

So this afternoon I went out, bought 5 of those suckers for $2.88 and fixed the car. I did it! I fixed the car!

And now I feel like a man.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]