Monday, January 17, 2005

[yellow tail]

I think I have found my favorite wine. Since I prefer red to white wine, I've tried a few different kinds and have settled on Merlot. So, trying to find a really good and inexpensive merlot has been my goal.

I've found it. It's called Yellow Tail, though officially it's written [yellow tail]. It's a great merlot. It's smooth, doesn't have a strong alcohol flavor, not too sharp, and inexpensive. Perfect!

And I found out while searching for their website that their USA homepage is a blog and that the name comes from the yellow-footed rock wallaby, a "small, colorful breed of kangaroo that's known to roam the Casella vineyards" in southeastern Australia.

Good stuff.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]