Sunday, February 20, 2005

Yes and No

I went to a conference Thursday night, Friday, and Saturday morning. It wasn't too bad. I don't want to go into it all here now.

But I do want to share something that has really been on my mind since I heard it Friday night.

A quote was shared. I wish I was able to record who said it. But it went something like this:
If you choose "Yes", then you will receive the reward of adventure. If you choose "No", then you will receive the reward of security.
I really like that. "Yes" will lead us into new places...places we've never been or been before. It takes us on an adventure. And that is a reward for our choice.

But at the same time, if we choose "No", that will also be a reward. It's security. When did security become a negative word? Why is it that many look at adventure and say it's better than security. Both are appropriate. Both are needed. There are things we shouldn't do. We need boundries. "No" helps keep us in those boundries. Outside of them is bad. It's not secure.

I realize though I live in security more than I live in adventrure. I want to say "Yes" more. But within reason. "No" is also good. One is not better than the other. We need them both.

I think Jesus said it best when He said:
Simply let your "Yes" be "Yes," and your "No," "No"
There's nothing wrong with either. But choose. Enjoy the reward you receive.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]