Friday, March 18, 2005

Books

Ugh. I hate these kind of things, but my buddy Rick is requesting me to answer these questions. Okay, Rick, I'll do it...

1. You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. Which book do you want to be?
A: I don't know what the heck this is talking about.

2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
A: No. I've never had a crush on a fictional character...especially from a book.

3. The last book you bought was...?
A: Blink : The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell. I'm almost half way through. It's interesting, but I'm waiting on it to really sell me on the concept.

4. The last book you read was...?
A: Well, if it means which book I completed last, it was Waking the Dead: The Glory of a Heart Fully Alive by John Eldredge. I liked it...which really surprised me. I haven't liked Elderedge's other books. Before that it was Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality by Donald Miller and The End of Marketing as We Know It by Sergio Zyman before that.

5. What are you currently reading?
A: Well, I'm in the middle of Blink and I'm almost done with Disappointment with God by Philip Yancey. I should finish it this weekend so I can finally get it off my list!

6. Five books you would take to a desert island?
A: Oh goodness. I'm not a book lover so I have no idea. How would I chose 5 books? Sure, I'd take my Bible. After that, I have no idea.

7. What three people are you passing this stick on to and why?
A: I'm not passing it on, but if someone wants to try it out and leave a comment here, feel free.

I'm going to add another question I'm surprised isn't there:

8. What books do you have in the stack to read next?
A: I really do have a stack. I hope to get to them soon. Searching For God Knows What by Donald Miller, Reallivepreacher.com by Patrick Nielsen Hayden, On Target: How the World's Hottest Retailer Hit a Bullseye by Laura Rowley, The Power of Cult Branding: How 9 Magnetic Brands Turned Customers Into Loyal Followers (and Yours Can, Too) by Matthew W. Ragas, BJ Bueno, and The Contrarian's Guide to Leadership by Steven B. Sample, Warren Bennis. They literally are in the stack.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]