Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Trump to Rather: You're Fired

At least that's what Donald Trump would have said to Dan Rather if he could have. From the transcript of a Trump interview by Chris Wallace of Fox News Sunday:
WALLACE: Dan Rather is stepping down as the anchor of the "CBS Evening News" this week. You don't care much for him, do you?

TRUMP: Well, I think he did a report on me that was very dishonest. So, since then, I don't deal with him.

And I've never understood how he stays in position so long. How does this guy stay in position when he always has the lowest ratings? I mean, he's had bad ratings for years. Now, this isn't just a new phenomena. Dan Rather has had the worst ratings for years, and he continues to go forward. So I never understood it.

TRUMP: So I'm not a big fan of Dan Rather. I don't want to be a fan of Dan Rather. I don't think he's good at the news. I don't think a lot of people think he's good at the news. He was always highly overrated.

And other than that, you know...

WALLACE: Other than that, you're going to send him some flowers?

(LAUGHTER)

TRUMP: Other than that, I think he's a wonderful guy.

WALLACE: What do you think of the whole Bush memo-gate?

TRUMP: Well, I think it was disgusting the way it was handled by Dan Rather. And I don't know why they're firing other people. He was the head of it, so why aren't they firing Dan Rather? But I guess they want to let him go gracefully.

WALLACE: What would you do?

TRUMP: I would have fired him a long time ago.

WALLACE: How would you have done it?

TRUMP: I would have said, "Dan, you're fired."





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]