Tuesday, April 12, 2005

I've Been Ripped Off

I refuse to call it "being robbed". I just don't like that phrase. Besides, nothing of financial value was taken.

Last night we got a call from our bank, USAA. They saw some activity on my debit card and wanted to confirm it. I told my wife, "Oops, I forgot to tell them we were traveling overseas. It's probably about that." This morning I called and they asked if I had spent $23 and change at Kroger in Texas or $500 at Linen'N'Things in California.

Uh, no.

Bam! They backed those expenses out, canceled the card, verified all the recent activity as legit, and a new card is on the way. I don't know how those perps got my card, but they did. Apparently they made a card because they swiped it to test it at the grocery store then did the online purchase. But USAA busted them right away...or at least caught the transactions.

I just never thought it would happen to me. But thanks to USAA for acting quickly and reasonablly on my behalf. My bank is working for me, not the other way around...and I like that.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]