Friday, July 29, 2005
Observations Driving in CO & KS
We took off this morning from Fort Collins, Colorado and are now in Wichita, Kansas (I can never spell Wichita correctly). I thought I'd post some lessons I've learned on this trip:
- If you think you have to go to the bathroom, think you might need to go soon, or think you will at some future point in your life and you see a bathroom, STOP! I learned the hard way.
- The first lesson can be applied to gasoline. Thankfully I applied the first lesson to this one and we were fine.
- Giving 75 cents worth of change in mostly dimes, nickels, and pennies to a toll booth lady can get you in trouble. I thought money was money. She thought I was being "cute". We had nothing else.
- Even on a goofy diet, you can still find things to eat.
- You can talk to God from any state, but He doesn't seem to talk back when in Kansas.
- Speaking of God and Kansas, a friend told me Kansas was "Godless". I disagree. I think He just forgot to decorate it much.
- Speaking of decorating the states, there was a lot of cool country-side to see. Lots of shapes from rolling hills, sharp edges, and flat.
- There's something kind of sad seeing the great Rocky Mountains fade to nothing in your rear-view mirror.
- Because of a wrong turn, we saw a great sunset over the Wichita skyline. Not bad.
- There's a lot of country music on the stations out here
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]