Monday, August 29, 2005

I want to live

Haunting words coming out of New Orleans as the flood waters rise:
'I'm not doing too good right now,' Chris Robinson said via cellphone from his home east of the city's downtown. 'The water's rising pretty fast. I got a hammer and an ax and a crowbar, but I'm holding off on breaking through the roof until the last minute. Tell someone to come get me please. I want to live.'
How do you react to this? What do you do? How do you pray?

Me? I don't know. I want to slap him. I want to help him. I want to show him love. And I want to slap him. But I don't know his situation. Why did he stay? I don't know. Was he stupid? Did he have a legit reason? Who am I to judge? But what I do know is he needs help.

Sigh.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]