Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Katrina's Damage at a Glance
CNN has put together a quick summary of the impact of Katrina including:
- estimated 80 percent of New Orleans under water, up to 20 feet deep in places. Water still rising...
- ...crews put aside the counting of [dead] bodies to concentrate on rescuing the living, many trapped on rooftops and in attics.
- ...3,000 people rescued by boat and air.
- At least 110 [people dead in Mississippi]
- Flooding reached 11 feet in Mobile, matching record set in 1917 [in Alabama]
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]