Wednesday, August 24, 2005

More on Robertson

After I wrote this I felt a little bad. I started thinking about how I was name-calling and casting stones. But that was my first reaction. I thought about taking it down but decided for authenticity of my reaction rather than censorship.

I wouldn't call him names again...though I have my own strong personal opinions about him and his ilk. What bugs me is that he is seen as a leader in the Christian world and represents the US to many -- but he doesn't represent me...though what I do have in common with him is we both say things we shouldn't. I can relate to the poor sap, that's for sure!

Another fleeting thought I had was what's the difference in calling for Chavez' head and being upset when missile strikes on Osama bin Laden were scrubbed? In the latter, I'm upset the strike didn't work (BTW, these were pre-9/11). The former is assassination. Murder is murder. Argh!

No matter what, this was a dumb statement for Robertson to make. That's what frustrates me. But then again, I'm glad it's him and not me. I'd probably say dumb things too if more mics were pointed at me.

What I want my life to look like is not like Robertson, but more like Jesus. Unfortunately, what scares me a little, is when I examine my life, I see more of the boneheaded-ness of Robertson then the righteousness of Jesus in my life.

That's when I really shudder.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]