Sunday, August 15, 2004

Back in Middle School

Back at Starbucks today. It's not as busy. We went to church but there's no power there. Most of our friends are back with power, but we still don't have either power or phone. Our mobiles are starting to work a bit better now. I'm anxious to get it back, but I'm trying not to think too much about it. It reminds me of picking teams in gym class and we're last to get picked. Oh well. Ours will come on soon enough I'm sure.

We've given up keeping the fridge cool. We have a cooler and we've got what we need in there (milk, eggs, medicine, etc). The freezer is okay. We bought 2 bags of ice on Thursday and stuck them in the freezer. It's working well.

There was another thunder storm at 4:30 this morning. There are a lot of people who just can't deal with that right now. All we're dealing with is a warm, dark house. We're fortunate indeed. I wonder why God chose to be gracious to us.

But sitting in Starbucks is interesting...everyone is swapping stories which are interesting, but most are trying to "out do" each other. "Oh yeah, well our stuff is blah blah blah". "Yeah, well ours is blah blah". I know it helps to talk, but it's kind of childish sometimes the way some are talking. 'Course I'm no better. Just an observation.

We brought a power strip to Starbucks. Yesterday there were no outlets available so I went to Kinkos. It's been cool because three different people have been charging their cell phones on our strip.

I'll probably help a friend remove two huge oak trees that fell in his yard.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]