Friday, January 28, 2005

A Goofed Up Morning

I got up early today to start my semi-normal routine of going to the gym before work. I hadn't gotten back into the swing of things since we left Canada. Honestly, in part it's been because of travel, busyness, laziness, and a bit of anxiety. But I'm over it all. So I got up and got myself ready.

Goof #1: I couldn't find my new gym bag. I had to use my wife's.

Goof #2: I brought everything I needed to swim laps. The pool was closed. Ugh. I didn't have the right equipment to work out, so I left. No gym today.

Goof #3:
I boiled an egg for breakfast while I took a shower. I ate it right out of the hot water (I tried cooling it some) and burned my tongue...some.

Goof #4: I decided after that morning, I "deserved" a good coffee. So back to Barnie's to get a good cup of half-caf Americano. This week the price went up to $2.12 in my mug. Man! In Canada it was $1.75 CAN. That stinks.

Goof #5: Got to work and all was fine. Was chatting with a buddy over AIM. Meanwhile I had my windows media player on and set to random. While we were chatting Bette Midler's Wind Beneath My Wings came on. What the? How did that song slip in? Later it got back to the good stuff: Sly and the Family Stone's War, the Charlie Daniels Band's The Devil Went Down to Georgia, and Al Green's Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone which seemed rather appropriate this morning (it's both raining and my wife is out of town).

That's about it. I debated posting this stuff. It was a fight between authenticity and pride. Authenticity won out.

Now it's 9:15. But at least it's Friday!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]