Sunday, May 01, 2005

Meeting Bloggers

I mentioned in passing earlier this week that I had the pleasure of meeting up with a couple of bloggers on my trip to South Carolina. Here's proof.

steve_rob


First I met up with one of my blog fathers, Steve Knight. Now we're co-bloggers on a joint effort at RealityBlogs.com. We've been in touch through email, IM, and blogs for over 2 years now and this was only the second time we've ever met. It was good to meet up with him again...especially since we both are doing similar work; me with Campus Crusade, he with the Billy Graham Evangelical Association. By the way, the day I visited was the day before the official new building dedication they built in Charlotte. Nice digs, Steve!

revmike_rob


The next day I met up with Rev. Mike for lunch. He wrote up some about our time together already. What I'd like to add is that he's a cool guy and was glad to meet him. He follows my wife's blog and even asked how her blister was doing. Very cool that he's tracking with us both like that. Mike and I had never met before this time. In fact, this was the first time I've ever met someone face-to-face who I knew only through the internet.

I think it's cool when "real life" meets the "virtual life"...though I'd argue that this "virtual life" is about as real as it can get sometimes.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]