Monday, January 24, 2005

Plywood

It's good to have friends. It's even better to have smart friends. It's the best to have smart friends who know how to do things you don't know how to do and who have great attitudes.

When Hurricane Frances was bearing down on us, we, along with most Central Floridians, decided to board up our home. So Brent and I decided to go get some plywood and we attempted to board up our homes.

But Brent and I ran into trouble. We couldn't get it done. So a call went out and Keith came over to help early and Steve came over in the late afternoon. These guys saved Brent and I.

During it all, Keith had to borrow a sheet of plywood from each of us. He said he'd pay us back. Yesterday Keith emailed me to say he forgot to pay us the $20 each for plywood. I told him to forget it...that without him, we wouldn't have gotten all the boards up. So I emailed Brent to see if he wanted the $20. Here's the email that went back to Keith today:
Keith, just wanted to let you know that I talked to Brent and asked if he wanted the $20 for the plywood. He replied:

"no way. Keith's the reason I'm not running naked around the everglades muttering 'screws...won't go...in the cement blocks.'"

To which I replied to Brent:

"...I'd probably be running behind you sniffling the same thing, picking up driftwood and muttering 'my preciousessesesesssssss'"

Thanks again for your help. Keep the change.
To which Keith replied:
...Thanks for your generous donation of two sheets of plywood during our time of woodlessness. In my search for wood, I felt like Frodo and Sam on the slopes of Mount Doom. No trees anywhere!!!
It's good to have friends.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]